MANCHESTER, Vermont –
WHAT: On Friday, June 16, 2017, President Trump announced new travel restrictions to Cuba.
- Individual people-to-people travel has ended, but group people-to-people travel is still permitted under the new regulations.
- Orvis offers fully compliant “group people-to-people educational travel” for travelers looking to experience Cuba in a sustainable and culturally sensitive way.
- Orvis is a trusted travel authority and spent more than 18 months developing a unique itinerary, offering travelers authentic people-to-people experiences with private entrepreneurs, artists, academics, fishing guides and conservationists.
WHY USE ORVIS AS A RESOURCE: Orvis is a trusted authority for Cuban travel, and has dedicated countless hours to learning what this country has to offer U.S. travelers, from the pristine waters of Zapata National Park to its amazing people, and embracing their dynamic culture. The recently announced travel restrictions may cause travelers and anglers to fear they have missed their chance to fish the pristine flats and enjoy the people and culture of Cuba. Orvis Travel continues to provide fully OFAC-compliant trips.
WHERE: Click for more information on the Orvis Cuba Adventure. Our 2017 departure dates will remain the same in light of the new restrictions.
Your audience will feel:
- Better educated regarding travel to Cuba under the new restrictions put forth on Friday, June 16, 2017, at 1 p.m.
- Less hesitation about visiting Cuba by learning where they can book with a trusted, compliant tour operator
For More Information on the Cuban Travel Restrictions: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/cuba_faqs_20170616.pdf
Department Manager of Orvis Travel
Nancy Marshall Communications – PR Agency
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 16, 2017
Jessica Donahue, Nancy Marshall Communications
on behalf of The Orvis Company, Inc.
Founded in 1856, Orvis believes the most meaningful experiences are created by sharing the love of nature and being inspired by its endless possibilities. Orvis pioneered the mail order industry in the United States, operates more than 80 retail stores in the U.S and the U.K. and maintains a network of more than 400 dealers worldwide as a trusted source of discovery and adventure in the natural world. Orvis promises to open the door to extraordinary outdoor experiences and to protect nature by committing 5% of pretax profits each year to conservation efforts worldwide.
Learn more at www.orvis.com.